From Little Seeds Grow Mighty Trees
Northwest Hills Preschool is a licensed preschool through the State of Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services. We follow the Nebraska Department of Education’s Early Learning Guidelines. These guidelines provide information about what children can typically be expected to know and do by the age of five and what adults can do to provide experiences and an environment to support learning across the seven domains that follow:
- Social and Emotional Development
- Approaches to Learning
- Health and Physical Development
- Language and Literacy Development
- Creative Arts
We use a curriculum based on the Early Childhood Environmental Rating System (ECERS-3) which is a language and literacy based and teaches through play. According to many early childhood professionals, play is considered a child’s work. What children learn through play can be carried with them throughout their life.
We are a Christian-based preschool that instills Christian values in the children and families that attend Northwest Hills Preschool. Using prayer, music, and Christian characteristics, we model for the children how to love God and all people. Once a month, we conduct a short church service in the Sanctuary that includes music, prayers, and a short children’s message.
- All children must be able to use the bathroom independently.
- Our hours are 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- We have a qualified, nurturing staff.
- Continuing education is provided for staff through classes, workshops and conferences.
- Parent involvement is welcomed and encouraged.